THESE ARE THE FAT-BURNING SWEET POTATO MUFFINS THAT EVERYONE IS CRAZY ABOUT (100% GLUTEN FREE)
Not all muffins are bad! With less sugar, fat, and calories than conventional muffin recipes, the ones presented in this article are nutritious, delicious, and loaded with health benefits.
Sweet potato is the key ingredient in this recipe, giving the muffins a tasty flavor that goes well with the sweetness of maple syrup. Needless to say, it offers a wide range of health benefits, too.
Why You Should Eat More Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are one of the oldest veggies known to mankind, and are considered to be native to Central and South Africa. As confirmed by sweet potato relics that date back 10,000 years, they have been eaten since prehistoric times.
Sweet potatoes are one of the richest sources of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that has been found to combat free radicals in the body. Free radicals can damage the DNA of the cells, leading to mutations in the cells. In turn, this mutation leads to development of various cancers.
They are known for their robust nutritional profile and relatively low calorie value. They contain huge amounts of vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6, vitamin C and minerals like manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, fiber, biotin, and pantothenic acid.
- 1 organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of organic olive oil
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp of ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- First, pre-heat the oven to 400 ℉ and oil the 12-hole muffin tray
- Once the oven reaches the adequate temperature, poke small holes in the sweet potato and put it in the middle rack of the oven
- Cook for about an hour, or until it softens. When cooked, take it out from the oven and allow it to cool
- Once cooled, remove the flesh and put the pulp in a mixing bowl. You can dispose of the skin or eat it as snack, as it contains the same vitamins as the veggie itself
- Add the maple syrup, olive oil, and milk to the sweet potato and mix to create a homogenous mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and the pour them into the rest of the sweet potato
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray, place it on the middle rack, and cook for about half an hour.
http://healthy4fits.com/2017/08/02/fat-burning-sweet-potato-muffins-everyone-crazy-100-gluten-free/https://i2.wp.com/healthy4fits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/safe_image.jpg?fit=800%2C419https://i2.wp.com/healthy4fits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/safe_image.jpg?resize=150%2C150Diet & Weight LossFAT-BURNING,MUFFINS,SWEET POTATO